A complicated process, simplified by us.
With our Pre-Clear service, we get to work on your customs requirements as soon as your shipment leaves origin. This means that your freight is ready to move quickly through customs before it even lands.
We at Cargo Drop Logistics are nationally-certified customs brokers, we navigate the hurdles of customs and compliance regulations so you see seamless delivery. We partner with brokers all over the country so we’re able to help, wherever you need us.
Customs Brokerage Services
What we can offer
- Interagency Liaison: Depending on the goods you are importing, you may need government clearance from agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Agriculture, or the Fish and Wildlife Service. Our customs clearing agents communicate with the necessary agencies to ensure your merchandise meets all rules and regulations before entering the country.
- Remote Location Filing: Our brokers have the national permits necessary to qualify for remote location filing, which means we can file data on certain types of merchandise from any location, regardless of the imported goods’ port of entry. This helps us streamline the shipping process for many of our clients.
- Importer Security Filing (10+2): If you are shipping international ocean cargo, you are subject to Importer Security Filing rules. This means that at least 24 hours before your goods are loaded onto an ocean vessel in a foreign port, you must submit ten specific data elements, and the carrier must submit an additional two. At Global Shipping Services, we have ample experience in what is known as 10+2 filing, and we will ensure that the required information gets to Customs and Border Protection agency on time.
- Customs Bonds: If your commercial goods are valued at $2,500 or more, you will need a customs bond to guarantee all duties, taxes, and other fees will be paid to the government. A broker can secure your transaction with a broker’s bond, eliminating a potential roadblock in the shipping process.
- Binding Rulings: When you seek a binding classification ruling, you’re trying to guarantee that your goods will be ruled as a specific tariff classification. This means that the same duty rates will always apply to your goods, no matter what port of entry you use. Not only does this help bring peace of mind, it also makes it easier to determine long-term costs. Our experienced agents can help you through this often complicated process.
- Duty Drawbacks: If merchandise that you import is subsequently exported, it’s possible to get a refund on the duties you paid. Don’t miss out on this substantial money-saving opportunity: have a broker complete the required paperwork to get an accelerated refund.
- Web-based Tracking: You’ll never have to wonder where your international shipment is at any given time. We provide 24/7 access to tracking information through our online portal, so that you know your shipment is on track to reach its final destination on time.